Depression | Suicide Prevention | Mental Health | Gaming
Thanks For Checking Up on Me!
Index of my posts & discussions on Medium: Depression, Suicide Prevention, Mental Health, Society & The Tech in Our Lives.
I joined Medium under a pen name mainly to write about mental health issues and share my experience with depression and suicide — topics that are still taboo in our society. So much so that I felt pressured to hide my identity from my working colleagues, friends, and family members. Even my family doctor, who used to be a close friend, wanted to transfer my file to another doctor after finding out I attempted to commit suicide.
While seeking to get back on my feet after that struggle, I killed time as a ridesharing driver. I’m sharing my observations about our society through the eyes of a rideshare driver in Miami’s South Beach.
Society–From a ridesharing perspective!
- An Old & Young Tale of Loneliness & Yearning: In decadent South Beach, a young woman victim of assault helps an old man find meaning in life while he helps her face a harsh reality.
- 10 Ways To Be a 5-Star Ridesharing Passenger: The Dos & Don’ts. What I learned as a ridesharing driver in Miami while regenerating myself after personal life issues.
Depression, Suicide Prevention & Mental Health— It Matters!
Mental health, depression, and suicide touch everybody — personally or through a friend, a family member, or a colleague. Why is it still taboo?
- Top 10 Best Suicide Prevention Quotes Annotated by an Attempt Survivor: Suicide prevention quotes that I believe would have helped me take a step back to reassess my decision to commit suicide.
- How To Find A Life Purpose After a Suicide Attempt: Five steps to uncovering a will to live when family & friends have disappeared.
- How Smartphone (Video) Games Fed My Depression & Suicide Attempt: Why are gaming companies allowed to benefit from addictions and gambling-disguised-as-video games without clear warnings and oversight?